We have carefully considered the operational changes required at 3 Shortlands to ensure we maintain social distancing and comply with current Government guidance for workplaces Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) published on 11th May 2020 by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy.
This guidance should be read alongside Romulus’ response to COVID-19 document, the latest version can be viewed at www.romulusuk.com/coronavirus
Please adhere to the changes highlighted below to ensure we keep yourselves and our staff at the building safe.
Our on-site teams are here to help as always with any queries or concerns.
When entering the building
We have established a one-way system through the building (see FIGURE 1), which has been carefully marked out with a new set of signage measures:
- If arriving by foot, please enter the building via the northern (café) entrance.
- If arriving by car or bicycle, please entre the building via the South East amenity area (facing the Novotel).
We may restrict the number of people in the reception space to ensure social distancing can be maintained. Please follow instructions from the building reception team.
- A screen has been fitted to the reception desk to ensure separation
- Floor markers indicate the 2m separation queuing system.
- A new one-way system has been established (see FIGURE 1).
- Hand sanitiser is available within the reception entrance.
- Floor and wall signage will indicate social distancing to reinforce guidelines.
Please ensure you follow the indicated routes at all times.
Lifts and stairs
The capacity of the main passenger lifts has been reducedensure your safety. We will use a queuing system for the lifts, with floor markers indicating safe standing areas. :
- The capacity of the main lifts has been reduced to two people only.
- The VIP lift capacity has been reduced to one person only.
To ensure your safety and avoid the lift lobbies becoming overwhelmed, we strongly encourage people to use the stairs where possible. To assist with this, we have restricted the direction of travel of the staircases and added new exit routes to the building to maintain social distancing(see FIGURE 1):
The Central (main) stair can be used to ascend the building only.
The North staircase (exits onto Hammersmith Road, next to Virgin Gym entrance) is for descending and exiting only. The companies that have access to this staircase are:
- Formula E
- LBHF (6th & 1st floor)
- Love Holidays (5th floor)
- Huddle (4th & 3rd floor)
- Jac Travel
The West staircase (exits into the service yard and onto the piazza) is for descending only. The companies that have access to this staircase are
- Extreme E
- Love Holidays (7th & 5th floor)
- LBHF (6th , 2nd and 1st floors)
- Huddle (4th & 3rd floor)
The South staircase (which exits onto the hotel podium, 1st floor level) for accessibility, security & practicality reasons) should only be used for emergency building evacuations.
When travelling between floors, please use the staircases where possible.
People with disabilities that restrict their use of the stairs should continue to use the lifts.
Employees of XYi Design, will be required to use the lifts to exit the building.
During a building evacuation, all stairwells and exits can be used to evacuate the building
Cycle parking and shower facilities
We will continually review the usage of the cycle facilities and will increase the number of external stands if required.
- Sanitising wipes have been provided in the cycle parking area for your use. Please ensure they are disposed of in the bins provided.
- The use of the bench seating in the shower rooms has been limited so please be patient and considerate of others when using the facilities.
- Lockers must be emptied daily. Any items left in the lockers overnight will be disposed of.
- The drying room has been closed until further notice.
Where possible, personal deliveries should be suspended until further notice to reduce the number of couriers entering the building.
Our waste collection strategy follows current government guidelines
- Please instruct your cleaning team to double bag any waste containing PPE
- Refuse sacks containing PPE (double bagged) should be disposed in the General waste bins.
- All General waste will be quarantined for 72 hours, after which it will be collected by our waste contractor.
Thank you for working with us to ensure 3 Shortlands is safe for all.
We will regularly review our operational processes following any changes to Government guidance and will inform you if changes are made.
If you would like to discuss the changes or have other suggestions, please speak to a member of the Romulus team.